Monday, April 18, 2011

Illustrations of change...a Michael Scott joint

Here we are...95 days until we move to Hong Kong.  Wow. 

Last night we spent youth group with the High School students talking about God's Calling on our lives.  More specifically, I talked about Stacia and I's journey to today, a mere 95 days until we leave.

I shared with the students the ups and downs of finding schools we liked, being rejected by those schools, and then being accepted by a school that wasn't even on our radar.  We talked about all of the intracacies that God places into our own journeys, and how each moment is written by God.

We finally talked about being patient, understanding that if God is calling us to do something big, it's not going to happen tomorrow and in taking those baby steps, we find out how strong we really are.

I was taken back by the most recent episode of the Office this past week.  It is no secret that Steve Carrell is leaving the Office, and so Michael Scott's final episodes are upon us (Here is the episode if you would like to watch it)






Michael is training his replacement, the new Manager of Dunder Mifflin Sabre. I was able to relate to Michael in this episode as I started to think about the new person coming into PEPC Student Ministries. I have grown so much over the past three years and the community of PEPC has watched that happen. I have also watched a great group of kids grow up in front of my eyes as well.

Toward the end of the episode Deangelo Vickers (played by Will asks Michael how to do meetings and they have a "tender" moment where the baton has been passed and Vickers tells Michael to "Enjoy this time, you have worked so hard, get your senioritis on."

This has been a great time. And in the next 95 days I look forward to mission trips and paintball excursions, Youth Sunday, breakfasts and lunches, Popsicles at the skate park, and so much more, and I am also so excited for this next step in Stacia and I's journey.

Hopefully I will be getting more blogging done!

No comments:

Post a Comment