Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Actually Going to Happen!

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
He will establish your plans."
Proverbs 16:3

As one of the coldest days that I have ever experienced, today was a special day.  Today we finished the first part of our paper work for ICS-HK. This is quite a day!  Even though we had already accepted the positions, signing the contracts, copying all of our documents, and rounding up transcripts and letters into one big pile was quite a feat.  After all of the copying and writing then we had to send it!  $75 to get it there in less than a week.  Totally worth it though.  We want to get everything in as soon as we can, making that good impression on our new employers.  

Here's a picture of our sending in our contracts day celebration.  Stacia went to B&N and picked up some books on Cantonese and Manderin along with a map of downtown Hong Kong!

Not only was today a day of celebration, but it was also a weird day.  I have been catching myself forgetting what is coming.  Today was one of those days.  It was quiet at the church, but I had a lot to do today.  It hit me when one of the guys at boot camp asked me when I was leaving and when pastor Doug told me hey had received a resume for my position.  This is getting real.

I placed Proverbs 16:3 at the top of my entry today because it is such a true statement with what we are doing.  God is in everything that we are preparing for, everything that we are doing.  Minus our crazy puppy.  She is restless and crazy!  But God is the center of this plan.  What we are about to embark on is laid out because of Him.  I also know that we will be leaning on Him and His strength through the transition that is coming!

What a great FREEZING day it was today! 

Taylor

1 comment:

  1. DOWNTOWN HONG KONG!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW EXCITING!!!! I WANNA GO BACK!!!!

    ReplyDelete